|EHDN 2008 - Travel and Location - Travel Information
Lisbon Airport has two terminals. Terminal 1 is for International Departures and International and Domestic Arrivals. Terminal 2 is for Domestic Departures only. This Terminal connects Lisbon to Faro, Oporto, Bragança, Vila Real, Madeira and Azores.
There are several ways to get to this terminal:
- free shuttle, that connects both terminals. Available at the Departures of Terminal 1 and 2.
- Tourism buses
- Car, as long as drivers accompanying passengers do not need to park
Terminal 2 does not have yet its own car park.
Arriving by Taxi
There are two taxi stands within the perimeter of the airport, one at arrivals and the other at departures.
The fare on the taxi meter should read 2.50 € (daytime pick-up), outside the city limits. City fares are charged per kilometer (km=0,42). 1,60 € is charged for the transportation of luggage or animals. Before taking a taxi, inquire about the fare(An additional 20% is charged for services on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays and for nighttime service from 9pm to 6am.). You can get more info and purchase a taxi voucher at the Tourism Information Counter in the airport's Arrivals Hall.
Arriving by Bus
Below you will find the bus route nr. 5 which has the respective name of his 'end of line' terminal Estação Oriente. The airport stop is located mid-journey for this route.
Tickets can be purchased from the driver when you board the bus. A one way ticket is about 1,30 €, a whole-day-ticket is about 3,35 €.More information public buses
Arriving by Metro
Although there is no direct connection to the airport, the nearest metro stations are 15 minutes away by bus (Gare do Oriente or Areeiro Stations). The price for a single journey is about 0.75 €.Metropolitano de Lisboa
Car rental is possible at the airport. All bigger car rental companies like Sixt or Avis are located at the arrival level of the airport.
Further information is available on the official website of the Lisbon Airport
Arriving by Car
If you plan arriving at the airport using your own vehicle, you may use one of the following motorways, depending on your point of origin. Listed below are rudimentary directions taking you to the '2ª Circular /Segunda Circular', the Lisbon ring road that leads to the airport.
- From the North: Take the A1 Motorway (from Oporto to Lisbon) to the 2ª Circular
- From the Torres Vedras area: Take the A8 Motorway to the CRIL (IC-17) to the 2ª Circular
- From the South (crossing the Tagus River): Take the Vasco da Gama Bridge to the 2ª Circular or take the 25 de Abril Bridge to the Eixo Norte/Sul (North/South Axis) to the 2ª Circular
- From Cascais/Estoril: Take the A5 Motorway to the CRIL (IC-17) to the 2ª Circular
- From Sintra/Amadora: Take the IC-19 to the 2ª Circular (entering from the south) or take the IC-19 to the IC-17 to the 2ª Circular (entering from the north)